Dominion Accounting and Income Tax Service - TAX by FAX
What is Tax by Fax?
Tax by fax is a service we offer that allows people to get their taxes processed without having to travel or find time for an in-person appointment.
Our staff will work with you by phone and fax to gather information in order to prepare your taxes quickly. Your responsibility is to send the information we need, provide us with a way to contact you and fax back any forms or other information we request.
Our information form found on this website (click here) is an excellent tool for your use. It can be printed out and faxed to us with your slips.
Commonly Asked Questions:
The following are some commonly asked questions. If you need further information contact us, our staff is ready to assist you.
What do I have to do?
To assist us in completing your taxes as quickly as possible, fax us the following:
- Phone number and a fax number where you can be reached.
- All slips-T4, T4 E, T3, T5007 etc.
- Your marital status and date of any change in marital status.
- Number of children who are in your care and you are supporting.
- Birth dates of your children. If you are a past client provide the birthdates of any children added to your family since the last time we did your taxes
- Current Address
I am from the far north, what else do I need to send?
If you reside in a prescribed area and you are applying for the Northern Residents Deduction send all the information noted above, as well as the following:
- Proof of Residency-We require proof that you have resided in a prescribed zone for a continuous period of at least 6 months beginning or ending in the tax year.
- Travel Information- You may be able to claim travel if you have an amount in Box 32 on your T4 slip. We will require the dates you traveled and proof of travel in the form of airline tickets and hotel/motel receipts.
If your travel was on the land (personal vehicle or snowmobile) and you have an amount entered in Box 32 you may be eligible for the travel deduction. ASK US FOR DETAILS.
I have never dealt with Dominion Income Tax before does it matter?
NO- we appreciate new business! However, if you are new to using our services you will have to also fax us the following:
- Your last Notice of Assessment received from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Copies of Identification.
What kind of identification do I need to send?
We request a minimum of 3 pieces of identification. We require copies of your SOCIAL INSURANCE CARD and at least two of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Drivers License
- Status Card (photocopy both sides)
- Northern Residency Card
- Medical Health Card
Where do I send my information?
The numbers you need to know in order to do Tax by Fax with Dominion Income Tax are as follows:
Phone: (204) 774-0015
Fax: (204) 775-3073
All other Areas:
Toll Free Phone: 1-800-834-7451
Toll Free Fax: 1-866-680-3172
*Sorry, but we are unable to accept collect calls.
What happens after I fax my information to Dominion?
We will fax you forms to sign and you must get them back to us quickly. Within 24 hours of receiving your signed forms our staff will be in contact with you to complete the processing of your information.
How long does it take to get my taxes done?
We try to process your taxes within 24 hours of receiving your fax. We will electronically file your return upon receipt of your signed authorization form and payment of our fee.
How do I pay my fee?
We accept money orders only.